In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Ever wondered how long the perimeter of Ohio is? Well, the answer is 1118.87 miles as calculated by the Ohio Department of Transportation TIMS Data re-projected to the State Plane HARN Coordinate System. What does that mean? It means this distance is crazy accurate! (Note, islands in Lake Erie not included!)
So we're giving you one year starting May 16th to run the distance around Ohio! Take advantage of the rest of spring, summer, and fall because come winter the miles are gonna get tough! Good luck and have fun!
- Register for the event and get the distance done over the course of a year. "Simply" run or walk 1,118.87 Miles over the course of May 16th, 2020 - May 15th, 2021 and log your miles as you go in the super easy tracking device and voila, you're done!
- We will ship you the official Buckeye State Challenge Performance Tech Tee and made in the USA finisher's medal!
- Please see the instructions within the FAQ on how to track your progress. As you upload your mileage every day you'll see your little dot move around the state. Some days it will feel like it's not going far but as the days turn to weeks and weeks turn to months you'll make your way around the Buckeye State!
Be sure to use #BuckeyeChallenege during your run/walk! We will repost in our Instagram story!
- Official entry to the Buckeye State Challenge 1,118.87 Miler!
- Performance Finisher's Tech Tee
- Custom Ohio Shaped Bib Number
- Made in America Finisher Medal (made with American steel!)
- Custom downloadable finisher's certificate
- Shipping of all items
- Our respect
- Probably the respect of your friends and family too! (Item not guaranteed)
After signing up, be sure to download the free Strava training app. We have an awesome club with incredibly devoted members of all skill sets. You can expect tons of member encouragement to help you in your build up! Track all of your runs and walks this summer and fall and motivate others to stay active in their training! It's also the perfect app to record your actual Virtual Run so you can submit your time after!
So you've run 1,118.87 miles around Ohio, what next? Well, pop a u-turn and head back in the other direction to make it 2,237.74 miles! That means you've got a year to run or walk 2,237.74 miles, the equivalent of just over 6.1 miles a day, round up to a 10K and every 60 days you can take a day off!
This event isn't for the faint of heart and will only be offered to participants who complete the first 1,118.87 miles by Dec 15th! So, you ready to go Double or Nothin'?
While the running 1,118.87 miles alone is an amazing, rewarding experience itself, it's even better when you have friends join you for all those miles! Once you sign up, you will automatically become part of the Buckeye Family. Refer friends and family to join you to earn rewards throughout the summer and fall. Here's how it works:
1) Sign up for the Buckeye State Challenge. Once you complete your registration, you'll receive a unique URL link to share.
2) Share this unique link with friends and family as often as you'd like.
3) Each time someone signs up through your link, you'll accrue one referral. Earn five referrals and get $25 credited back to you. Easy right?!?!
Don't stop there. There are more prizes to earn as you continue spreading the word. Here is the list of awesome gear you can earn for free!
5 Referrals: $25 of your registration fee credited back
10 Referrals: Advanced Running Project Bibboards
15 Referrals: Advanced Running Project Trucker Hat
Sign up, get your referral link, and let's grow the Buckeye Family!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
We're the home of all things running!